Android Oreo was released a few days ago and developers have already ported it for the Redmi Note 3 and so today I will show you How To Update Redmi Note 3 to Android 8.0 and enjoy the new features that Oreo has to offer on your device.
Android Oreo has some significant changes which include –
- A completely redesigned settings menu.
- A revamped file manager.
- The ability to snooze individual notifications which is quite helpful.
- Fingerprint Scanner gesture support.
- Better storage controls
- Picture in picture mode
- Better Auto Fill Framework which will save a lot of time.
- Notification Channels – which can be used to group notifications to save time.
- Wifi Aware – without needing to be on the same wifi network , devices which are running on Android Oreo will be able to detect each others presence.
WARNING = I will not be responsible for anything that happens to your device , please proceed on your own risk and only if you are willing to take responsibility for any damage that may occur.
This ROM is a port and not a stable ROM and thus has its own issues which I will list below and if you are okay with the issues then you can proceed to flash Android 8.0 on your Redmi Note 3.
Image Credit – XDA
Known Issues –
- USB Tether
- “Ok Google” Hot word
Things that are working –
- Mobile Data
- Sound/ Vibration
- IR Blaster
- Redmi Note 3 with a TWRP recovery installed
- AOSP 8.0 ROM for Redmi Note 3 – Here
- Unlocked Bootlaoder
Procedure To Update Redmi Note 3 To Android 8.0 –
- Boot your device into TWRP
- Take a full backup
- Go to Wipe , then Advanced and select Cache, Dalvik/ART Cache ,Data, System
- Flash the AOSP 8.0 Oreo ROM on your Redmi Note 3
- Reboot your device
The first boot might take a few minutes so be patient and wait for the device to boot. If your device does not boot , reboot into recovery and wipe the Cache and Dalvik Cache and if it still fails to boot you can always choose to restore the backup you made at the beginning.
This ROM is currently only in the early stages and may have bugs and thus I recommend you to flash it only to try the new Android 8.0 Oreo update on your Redmi Note 3 and not to use it as your daily driver.
We will update this page when the ROM gets an update and the bugs are fixed . We hope this tutorial helped you to Update Redmi Note 3 To Android 8.0 Oreo and try the new features that were introduced and have a little fun thanks to the developers.
XDA Link – here