Today I will show you How To Unlock Bootloader of OnePlus 5 the easy way without much hassles. You need to unlock your bootloader if you want to install a custom recovery such as TWRP and then root your device to gain further access to your phone.
Warning/Precaution : –
- Unlocking Bootloader will ERASE all your data i.e all photos , apps and any other data you have . Make sure to make a full backup before proceeding.
- Proceed at your own risk , I will not be responsible for any damage done to your device so proceed if you are willing to take all responsibility.
Things you need : –
- USB Cable
- ADB Drivers – Download Here
- OnePlus 5
Procedure : –
- Go to settings on your phone then about device and tap on the build number 7 times.
- Then go back and select developer options and enable OEM Unlocking
- Also enable USB Debugging
- Also enable Advanced Reboot
- Turn your device off
- Boot into fastboot mode by holding Power Button + Volume Up Key or reboot to bootloader directly from Advanced Reboot
- Connect the device to the PC
- Hold Shift then Right Click and Select ” Open command window here”
Type the code –
fastboot oem unlock
- Press Enter.
- Your phone will show a Unlock Bootloader Warning Page.
- Use the volume keys to select “Yes” the hit the power key to make the selection.
Your device will now reboot and all the data will have been wiped and you will be greeted with the setup.
You have now successfully unlocked the bootloader of your OnePlus 5.
If you want to flash TWRP Recovery on your Unlocked OnePlus 5 check the tutorial below :
If you have already flashed a recovery , check the tutorial below to root your OnePlus 5:
If you have any questions regarding how to unlock bootloader of OnePlus 5 then let me know down below .