In this tutorial , we will see How To Root OnePlus 5T with ease , Unlock Bootloader and Flash TWRP Recovery. Rooting an android device is not as hard as it seems and it comes with a lot of benefits including custom ROMs which have all the latest features , ability to use root apps , full nandroid backups which can restore your device if anything goes wrong and a lot more other stuff.
How To Root OnePlus 5
I will not be responsible for any damage done to your device , you will be responsible if you brick your device , proceed only if you are willing to take the risk .
- Install ADB drivers on your computer – here
- USB Cable
- TWRP Recovery – here
- SuperSu – here , download and place it into the internal storage .
- The process will wipe all the data on your phone so make sure to make a backup.
How To Unlock Bootloader of OnePlus 5T –
- Go to Settings – About Phone and tap on the build number 7 times
- Open Developer Options
- Enable Advance Reboot and USB Debugging
- Enable OEM Unlocking
- Hold the power button
- Select Reboot
- Then select bootloader
- Connect your OnePlus 5T to your computer with a USB cable.
- Hold Shift then Right Click and select open command window here
- Type and Enter
- If you see your device then proceed or reinstall ADB drivers and recheck the steps before .
- After that type –
fastboot oem unlock
- You will be greeted with Unlock Bootloader warning page
- Hit the volume button to select Yes and turn it blue then select the power button again to make the selection.
- You have no successfully unlocked the bootloader of your OnePlus 5T
How To Flash TWRP Recovery On OnePlus 5T –
- Select Reboot – Reboot into Bootloader .
- Connect your OnePlus 5T to your computer.
- Open the folder where you have downloaded the TWRP file .
- Hold down Shift then Right Click and select open command window here .
- Type and Enter –
fastboot flash recovery.img
Replace recovery by the name of the TWRP file .
- Unplug your OnePlus 5T and manually boot into TWRP Recovery by pressing the Volume button a couple of times till you see recovery on top and then hit the power button to reboot into TWRP.
- Continue to the next step
How To Root OnePlus 5T –
- After booting into TWRP Recovery allow system modifications.
- Swipe right and enable modifications
- Select Install and then select the SuperSU zip which you placed in your internal storage before .
- Swipe right to flash the file.
- Reboot your device.
Congratulations ! You have now successfully rooted your OnePlus 5T . If you have any questions or are stuck in the process leave your comments down below and I will try my best to answer your questions . This was How To Root OnePlus 5T , Unlock Bootloader and Flash TWRP Recovery . You can now enjoy all the root benefits and you should first take a full nandroid backup before starting any modifications so that you can revert back to this state if you mess anything up in the future.